Friday, October 23, 2009

Day at Sea - Wednesday

October 21, 2009 Day at Sea

This is Jeanne - It started out with a 7:50 wake up call for our 8 am pilates class. Okay, that was a killer, my muscles may be sore the rest of this trip. But we had all these extra spa amenities with our room so we wanted to use as many as possible. We have full use of the mineral pools, saunas, and heated chair room. We also got a couple of free classes like yoga and pilates so we thought we try it out. It took me 3 days to recover from yoga and now I think it will be another 3 or 4 to recover from pilates. It’s a low impact workout but very intense. Carnival was taping and photographing the session for a marketing promotion. It will be interesting if we end up on a brochure and very funny since we had never done pilates before.



Marty and Jesse ventured to the pools and the water slides today while it was sunny. It’s still not too warm but it was nice this morning and got cloudy this afternoon. Kirsten and I just taped them so they could have memories of the slides. Then we played Bingo again and other games. Tonight is one of the big shows and some country dancing.

Tomorrow we head onto the island of Sicily. We will write more after our tour of Messina and Taormina. We may even see the volcano - Mt Etna- early tomorrow morning while it is still dark as we cruise into port. More to come. Marty will try to get pictures posted soon.

But first Marty with a funny story - a continuation of Venice...

Yet another funny anecdote that happened in Venice. After I proposed to Jeanne, we were walking back when this old, short, tooth-missing flower guy, comes up to us looking to sell yellow & red roses. 2 of the roses were still in decent shape, but the others left a little to be desired. Anyway, flower guy hit me up at the perfect time, as I had JUST proposed…so. I HAD to buy Jeanne these roses.

I told flower guy 5 Euros but told him I only had a 20 E bill. He said he had change..”no problem”. I gave him the 20, he gave me the roses then only 5 E back! I said, “hey” where is my other 10 E? He then grinned with his front tooth missing grin, and proceeded to pat me and Jeanne on our shoulder and said we “were very nice”. When I again said, “where is my 10 other Euros?’, he simply turned and walked away!!

My reaction was not of anger, but I thought it simply funny and just another anecdote that happened to us in Venice. Just the sight of this small old man walking away without a word was priceless. He got a good tip for those dingy roses…however; as it marked Jeanne & my engagement to each other, these were the most beautiful roses in the world and this was a humorous memory we will always have!!

Love Ya -- Marty and Jeanne

No comments:

Post a Comment